What Personal Information Does PatientKeeper Collect?
The information we gather enables us to personalize and improve our services and respond to requests for information. We collect the following types of information:
- Personal Information You Provide to Us
We may receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or provide to us in any other way. The Personal Information you provide may be used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain products and services, customizing the content you see, and communicating with you about marketing efforts, sales offers, support and maintenance issues, and new products.
- Personal Information Collected Automatically
- We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our web site or services. PatientKeeper may choose to automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, PatientKeeper cookie information, and the page you requested.
- Generally, we may automatically collect usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components. PatientKeeper generally only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. However, if you have registered with PatientKeeper using our site and your browser accepts cookies, PatientKeeper may automatically collect individualized information regarding your visits to PatientKeeper's site ("Individual Usage Information") to provide you with a more personalized experience. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how visitors, collectively, use our site. If you do not wish to have your Individual Usage Information collected, please see the "What About Cookies" section below for further information.
- Email Communications
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from PatientKeeper if your computer supports this type of program. We may also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to you. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please notify us by email at email@example.com and include sufficient information for us to identify you.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we may transfer to your computer's hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. PatientKeeper cookies may also collect Personal Information that you provide to us. We may combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information in connection with our collection of Individual Site Usage Information (as described above). If you do not wish to have your Individual Site Usage Information or Personal Information you provide to us stored, most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways.
Will PatientKeeper Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only with your consent or to business partners and affiliates as described below:
- Business Partners and Agents: We may employ or work with other companies and people and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, PatientKeeper's business partners and agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.